Monday, September 26, 2011

What Was, and What Is

Tree-Hugger, I'm not.  (although I do care about the environment...I'm just not militant about it)

Cheap, I am.

So, it was with not too much sorrow that we traded in our Honda Odyssey (getting 20 mpg city, 24.8 highway--not bad for the 2007 model!) for a 2011 Prius.

What Was:
What Is:
What Was:

What Is:

Wow, now our garage looks so BIG!

On the way to the dealership to pick up the Prius, Luci waxed eloquent about the Odyssey: 

This car (van) has been lots of places!  Disney World, (took us to) the cruise, to Vero Beach, to Mt Rushmore, The Arch, to Idaho!  Lots of places.  It was a good car.

Yes, it was.  Now it's time to learn how to pack well because we can't take just everything.

On the way home, we got to listen to Radio Disney on the satellite radio!  Very happy little girl in the back seat, singing all the way.  Very happy mommy in the front seat, saving money on gas.

And, I knew it would happen as soon as we got a gas-sippin' kind of car:  The Upside of Economic Worries:  Lower Gas Prices.

At first, Luci was not happy with getting a new car.  She is very resistant to change.  Once I explained to her that we can go on more field trips, she was all for this little vehicle!  We already have two trips planned for next week:  the Memphis Zoo and a visit to Huntsville to see another family with a daughter from China.  YIPPEE!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats on the new car! Saving on gas is always a plus!!!!

http://scrapgrrl.com/