Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Friday

What did he drive?
And where did he drive it?  To Piggly Wiggly!  Yes, we live in the country!
We went on an field trip to Amish country, just north of us.  It was a wonderfully gorgeous day.  We were not allowed to take photos of the Amish folks we saw, so I snuck a couple of shots with my cell phone.  Here is a field of corn:
And Luci at the front of the wagon, as we rode around the county.
After a picnic lunch, we headed out to David Crockett State Park.  He is not Davy Crockett...Davy is a Disney creation.  And the residents of Lawrenceburg will will tell you so!

A lovely covered bridge in the park.
Guess who was my photographer?

Who is that in that tree??
It's Luci!  As soon as I snapped this one, she yelled, "Get me down!  NOW!"


Look what that sneaky boy did when he thought I wouldn't find out....

What David Crockett might have used.  His belongings were washed away in a flood, so these are re-creations.

Yes, this is a still.
Here's the recipe for those of you who are more adventurous:
(we had a special tour)


1 comment:

Julie said...

I would love to visit that state park!!!!! Looks so awesome!

http://scrapgrrl.com/