Sunday, September 04, 2011

Field Trip!

Blogger has been acting wonky...totally ate one post and messed up another.  So here I go again, fingers crossed now hoping I get this one posted.

Luci had a Daisy Scout outing last Saturday.  She was so happy to wear her new "I ♥ being a Daisy" t-shirt.  The outing was a bust--they went bowling, and Luci experienced her first Mean Girl episode.  :( 
Friday I took JT and Luci to the Space and Rocket Center.  We met up with a few other homeschool families, and came up with a plan for the next few trips we go on:  To meet with the families for lunch, but keep our own schedule at the zoo, museum, Rocket Center, etc, since we have kids in the largest age-span.  It is hard to keep everyone happy when your kid wants to do one thing and the group is not interested and thus wastes most of the visit dragging you to places that your kids have seen before and then the "good stuff" (according to JT) gets missed.  Luci is at the age where she would rather visit with her friends.  She does not care where she is, and she ends up learning very little about wherever we are.  So splitting from the group is good for her, too, education-wise.

Luci promised to not be scared of the rockets and to stand next to one to get her photo taken.  This is the one she chose.  It looks big, but in comparison to the rockets around it, it was small-ish for a rocket.
See how happy she is, pointing at the rocket?  See, Mama?  I did it!



JT's an old pro on the climbing wall....
 and we got Luci up there for the very first time.  I am so proud of her.  She was scared to death but made it this high up:

and afterwards, hugged JT tightly! So I took a picture because this almost never happens. These were taken with my cell phone, which explains the bad lighting.

In the Apollo trainer...
and next to the real thing!




Come on, Mom!  The shuttle will take off soon!  I thought this was cool, walking the walk, but Luci was not impressed.

No comments: