
I found this on the web last night. I am always looking for something about the Bouyei people of China--Luci's orphanage director was pretty sure Luci is of the Bouyei people. I figure he must have a good reason for saying that, since it is not a big nationality. The Bouyei are not very well known outside of their own area (in Guizhou Province). Whenever I stumble upon a site, I look for people who look like Luci--I guess because she has no one in this house who looks like her, and I want to have some sense of a family history just for her, and I have not met any other Bouyei children here in the USA.
Anyways, look at this photo I found among these Bouyei photos--the woman has a baby on her back that looks astonishingly like Luci did when we got her. This baby cannot be Luci, since she was found within 2 days after her birth, and this baby is obviously older than 2 days. An interesting side note (interesting to me, anyway): while in China, I carried Luci in a Mei Tai baby carrier similar to what this woman is wearing!
I am not nuts or being fanciful for thinking the baby looks like Luci--I showed John this picture today, and he thought so, too!

2 comments:
I have to say that she does look like Luci also. I remember when you guys got her and she did look just like that little girl! Crazy!
I think we should look! If we find just one small piece of the puzzle it will be helpful!
She does look like Luci!
Post a Comment