Our life since adding one Chinese sister....I hope you enjoy the journey with us. Luci is a Yi Baby from Guizhou Province. Please note that this site uses cookies.
Monday, December 03, 2007
For Mom
Mom, I thought you'd like to see how we decorated the front of the house. I've always wanted lighted garland, and I really like those kitschy lighted deer. So here we have it! All of those items were on sale today when I went to "just look" at them. Lucky me! We also have two little fake trees in pots flanking the front door (on sale the day after Thanksgiving at Linens-N-Things). Can you see Luci on the very far left of the front porch? She's standing on the railing and her head is just above the top of the railing. The deer are standing in our little flower garden area.
It was fun putting everything out. Luci helped, sort of, and Bryan and JT did a lot of work. John got home in time for the "finding another extension cord" phase. I think John was surprised that we did it almost all by ourselves and didn't wait for him to do most of the work. It is nice having a decorated house--at our old house, we were in the woods and no one could see the house, so no decorations there. I'm enjoying it.
Here's a countdown calendar I made in 1995 from directions in Woman's Day or Family Circle magazine. Good thing it got done before children #2 or #3 got here--certainly I feel like there's no time anymore for really crafty things that take time and need room to spread out while I'm working on them. I thought you'd like to see it--I don't think I've ever told you about it, much less shown you a picture. Just another look into our lives since we are so far away. Now, don't cry!
Luci wanted to pose for me--she has her little right foot propped up against her left leg. I have no heart to tell her that fashion models are always tall. She loves posing, she loves clothes, she'd make a good fashion model.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love the decorations!
Your house looks great!!! Too cute that Luci finds a way to get in the pics!
great decor! Love it all...
Post a Comment