Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Vote! and John's Trip

Luci helped me vote this morning. The community center where we vote is only 1 mile away, a nice little trip compared to the 20 minute trip we used to make from the old house. The center was crowded, another nice change. Luci charmed all the retirees who were playing dominoes and cards. When we got home I wanted to take a picture of her with her "I voted" sticker and our flag, but she had other ideas (and I foolishly dressed her in pink, not a red-white-and-blue blouse!). I like this picture better than what I planned, anyway. It seems so joyful. And we didn't stage it!

John gets in to Los Angeles around 1 pm L.A. time. If you look at the schedule, he's either flying Air Fiji 810, Air New Zealand 4010, or Quantas Airways 3839. They all are the same jet! Amazing. John gets to Huntsville at 10:40 pm, assuming the weather is good--we are expecting severe weather after sundown tonight, so please keep his safety in your prayers. We've done the "pick-Daddy-up-from-the-last-flight-in" several times, and the trip out there and back so late is a killer (it's 1 1/2 hours each way). So John has reservations at the airport hotel and we'll pick him up in the morning. All he has to do is get off the plane and walk over to the check-in counter. Easy.


No comments: