Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I Wanna Be An Astronaut!

Yesterday, Luci told me she wanted to be an astronaut. I asked JT to look in the costume box in the basement for his old astronaut suit. After some hemming up of sleeves and pants, Luci fits into JT's old suit! I can't find a time or place to sew, but I sure can hem. So nice to get another child's use out of it. I made this to look like the suits at the Space and Rocket Center. At S&RC, the suits are priced from $54.95 (for young children) to $80 (size 8 and up for children). We bought patches, and got one with astronauts that Papa knows, and thought this came out pretty close.We are trying to keep Luci up and not napping during the day. As a consequence, she can get pretty doggone silly! She found this mirror that we haven't hung yet and she was nearly hysterical with laughter. Sorry about my big ol' feet showing up in this photo!


So cute.


2 comments:

Sonya said...

What a smart mommy you are!!! What a doll in the suit!

Anonymous said...

Susan, This is Patti from the FG board. I just had to say that Bryan and JT's love for Luci comes across so strongly in every picture where the three are together. Your new picture of the three of them from the Power play just reiterates that. It warms my heart! What cute kids!