Alligators
Our life since adding one Chinese sister....I hope you enjoy the journey with us. Luci is a Yi Baby from Guizhou Province. Please note that this site uses cookies.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
The ZOO
Denna and her family met the kids and me at the Birmingham Zoo today. We missed everyone else! I hope next time you all can come. But, to be honest, it was pretty crowded and we'd never be able to keep up with each other if everybody showed up...As a homeschooler, I don't always follow the local school schedule--I do try to keep up with it, though--but I really goofed this time and planned to go to the zoo during Spring Break. Wow! We are really spoiled, we usually get to go places without crowds and get lots of attention from the docents, guides, etc. Not today.
Alligators
Luci's a bit reluctant to stay on the Carousel!
Bryan found a seat she likes. Sit down, Luci!!
We find other Families with Children from China folks nearly everywhere we go. This little cutie next to Luci is from Virginia, visiting relatives in Birmingham. They are only about 2 weeks apart in age.
Denna, Brooke, Luci and JT. Sweet!
Luci was brave on this bridge. Bryan is a good encourager.
Luci and Brooke before the birds show.
JT and Bryan got to ride a camel! John--they didn't have to go all the way to Jordan to do it! (wish I knew where that picture is!)
Brooke and Luci wondering what's in that "tunnel" over there.
JT wanted to show you all how great a climber he is!! JT, watch out!!
Oh. So it wasn't so daring after all! You're funny, JT!
When we finally got home, JT and Luci still had energy to play. We stayed outside for about an hour. Luci dug in the dirt (I helping you, Mommy.). I found some mint growing in my garden. Yea! Finally something that is supposed to come back, did. I have terrible luck with gardening.
After all of the zoo, and all of the mud in the yard, this is how the day ended.

Alligators
Labels:
Zoo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We had a great time Susan. You are on the ball with these pictures. I have not even downloaded mine yet. I was wore out last night.
Thanks for the laugh this morning. I can not post your comment you silly lady. I have laughed so hard, that Brooke thought I was crazy. I know as soon as I post that comment, that everybody will have to take a look at what you said. LOL So I think I will just keep my laugh to myself.
Thanks though. I don't agree with you, I have a LONG way to go. Thanks again, and thanks for making me laugh so hard.
looks like fun. I knew it was Spring Break here I guess I should have told you. I knew it would be super crowded. Glad you had fun though. We are going to go in April, everything is green and pretty and they have several things beginning in April- the Lorakeets and butterflies will be back two of my treasures fav things.
NEXT TIME WE WILL BE THERE!
Sonya
Ps we are still waiting on the replacement window for Ben's room! Broken from the inside but no one knows how!!!
Post a Comment