Saturday, August 09, 2008

Olympics Grand Opening

Wow! Did you see the Opening Ceremonies at the Olympics Friday night? It was amazing. The announcers said that the man in charge of it had a free rein and open pocket-book. The big screen thing on the floor was an LCD screen! Amazing. And those blue rectangle-shoebox shaped things that kept popping up, making designs--I just knew they were computer-controlled, but no! It was all choreographed and done by people. AMAZING.

This is one ceremony that I would love to have the dvd to!

And in the middle of watching this, what does my sweet Mother-in-law do? She calls long-distance just to see if her Luci is watching the Olympics! I loved that. Just wanted to know if Luci was watching something from her homeland.

More fabulous photos here. (The photo above is from here)

A stupendous slide-show here.

Complete medal standings here.


No politics, please. China gave us Luci and for that I will always love that country, despite their failings in human rights. And, no matter what you think of their politics, that was an fantastic show!

PS--no, Luci was not watching...she fell asleep on the way home, at 5:30, from dropping John and the boys off at church-a sleep over there-and, except for two short times of waking up, she slept through the night.




1 comment:

Buffi Young said...

Wasn't it awesome?!?! We sat with jaws dropped at the unity and excellence. It was amazing!!!

Funny about Luci getting married. Oh well...at least the paci and blanket worked!! :) Hope you guys have a great week!!
Blessings,
buffi
p.s. can you recommend a good pre-k homeschool curriculum? I've just been using free stuff online, and I'd like to get Silas and Sadie both a book. I just have no clue what to use. you seem good with all of the homeschool stuff. Your tips are greatly appreciated!!