Monday, February 02, 2009

Ya think so?!

Early yesterday morning I got on the internet and checked the overseas news. Some genius decided that yesterday would be a good day to try to attack a convoy of "foreign troops" in Ka bul. Knowing that John was traveling, and seeing no "I'm safe" email, I waited on pins and needles until he made his usual morning call. What a relief to hear his voice! John said he saw the same news article I did, and wondered why the coalition didn't put out some news of their own...(my guess is the attacker had lousy aim and injured no one but himself)...and thought he ought to email.

Ya think so?!

I told him to just go ahead and email next time. Every time.

Little things mean a lot.

2 comments:

Papa said...

i heard ntge same thing and cringed!!

Love,
Dad

KT said...

When Calvin was in Saudi I didnt worry so much, proubably because I was vomiting 30 times a day! But when my now ex-BIL was in Iraq, my sister watched CNN 24 hours a day, thinking she would get news there before she would hear from him if anything happened.
Hang in there!