Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanks

I'm thankful for folks like you who check in to see what shenanigans we are up to. You all have visited from Germany (hi, Audrey!), Japan (Sam, is that you?), Australia and South Africa (I think you are my Weaving Unit Study buddies), Spain and Denmark (maybe families with our Guizhou adopt yahoo group?), Israel, Canada (I know you are my Feingold friends) and from other exotic locations, like Boise, Idaho (hi, Nana and Papa!) and all other points in the USA (hi, Melodie in Virginia!). I love seeing the red dots. Two dots even came from China--wow! Makes me kinda giddy sometimes.
.
One thing--I do wish that some of you who are living in someplace besides my house would sometimes leave a message. I'd love to know who you are. I find it fascinating, and so glad that I put that little map up there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, now to reward you for checking in: You remember that video of the Walmart commercial, where the little boy asks for something for daddy--see Hanky Alert, below. Luci knows that Daddy is coming home a day or two before Christmas. Every time there is a wish to be made (blowing out candles, or the new star in the evening), she will wish "For Daddy to be HOME!"
.
So after seeing that commercial, I ask her what she is going to ask Santa to bring her, knowing she will say "Bring Daddy HOME!"
.
Wrong. She wants Santa to bring her a costume. What?! No Daddy?!
.
"No, mama--Daddy will already be home!"
.
Smart girl. Doesn't want to miss out on any presents.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and one other--this one had me laughing so hard!
.
JT had his karate class at the YMCA yesterday. I walk into the child watch room (the babysitting room) to get Luci. She had 3 of the kiddy chairs all lined up, and was lying on them, like they were a bed. With the other kids all around her.
.
I asked, "what are you pretending, Luci? "
.
"I'm having a baby."
.
oy.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Hi! I'm checking in from Ohio.

Julie Young said...

That is funny what Luci said!

free_to_dream said...

I am a regular follower who lives in New York, goes to school in North Carolina, and happened to be on a class trip to Israel! Confused now?

free_to_dream said...

Oh, and my name is Sarah. Sorry!