Luci's idea of relaxing. Now my mom knows that I still throw off my shoes and socks just where ever I happen to be. And so does Luci.
I am thankful for our church, Cross Point church of Christ. They are our family, since we have no family close by. A wonderful place to be. Lots of opportunities to serve.
.
I am also thankful for John's military trips because when he's on them, there is extra so we can bless others more than we are usually able to do. Our church helps out each year by providing Christmas presents for some of the foster kids of Agape. Luci and I spent part of today shopping for one of the children. Agape did our home-study for Luci's adoption. So being able to help out, and Agape's help in Luci's arrival are part of my "Thanksgiving" today, too.
.
I'm also thankful for Luci's attitude this year as we shopped: Last December, when we also were able to help out an Agape child, Luci wanted to keep everything, not giving any of it up for someone else. I had to remind her over and over that all of those things were for the little girl named Faith. She told me, "I want to be Faith!"
.
Today Luci kept reminding me what Madison, our young lady wanted, and put her own interests aside. Very nice indeed to see her heart growing.

No comments:
Post a Comment