Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanks...

Luci signing her name (she's got "L" showing now) at Helen Keller's house, Ivy Green. This is the famous pump where Helen "awoke" and learned to sign "water." Photo from June 2008. (Luci's still able to wear that jumper and those crocs! Little girl, indeed)


I am so thankful to be here in Alabama, in a state where so many things have happened, and quite a bit close to where we live now. Definitely something to learn around every corner. Yesterday we went to LaGrange, the site where the first chartered college in Alabama stood until it was burned down in the Civil War (and I learned yesterday that some of my homeschool friends are still upset about that and would not let their kids stand on the "blue" side of the photo below).
I'm also thankful that we have indoor plumbing.
Good looking kids, don't you think? I sent John a postcard from this post office.
The infamous blue and gray picture...notice my boys glaring at each other...at least this time they were just acting. During the rest of the field trip they were quite nice.

No comments: