Sunday, August 01, 2010

Field Trip!

Thursday, John came home from work excited about taking us all on a field trip to Cathedral Caverns.  He was so animated, ready to go exploring with all of us.  He's really taken to heart his "Principal-ship" of our homeschool, leading more than ever.  I love that.

Except that on Thursday, right before John got home, all I could think of was how I wanted some time all by myself.  Even if that meant sitting in the van in the driveway, with the doors locked.  As John told us his plan for Saturday, my eyes began to glaze over.  So, seeing Mommy retreating into herself, he revised the plan--it would now be a "Dad takes the kids on a Really! Fun! Trip!" but we couldn't tell Luci about it before arriving there or she'd freeze up and be scared ("Are there monsters there?  What about BATS?!" which is precisely what she said once she found out about the CAVE, about 30 minutes before arriving there).

Turns out part of my reluctance was not just a difficult time this week with my high school kids, but that I was coming down with a sinus infection.  Oh Joy.  At least I didn't have to feel guilty about staying home and missing all the fun. 

There were too many shots that were my favorites, so here are a bunch! 

So glad that John-Daddy-Principal took this shot before going into Cathedral Caverns:  not just to commemorate the occasion but to use as a "my kid's in there lost, here's what he looks like" photo.  Notice I didn't say "she" because I know that Luci would be stuck on John like a limpet.  Which she was.  John said he carried her nearly the entire time.  Good thing she's light.

Enjoy!


















No comments: