Monday, August 16, 2010

K through 12 School

As I grew up, schools were fairly well segregated according to age.   Kindergarten-6 (and some didn't even have K!). Then came the junior high, then high school. 

Here in our county, in the rural areas, we have K-12.  Just imagining the kids all in together was funny to me, because I'd never experienced that.  We (the five of us kids) were always on different buses, going to different schools. (Except for that one year when Dad was deployed to SE Asia, and we all rode the same bus!  We were in first through twelfth grades.  But it still delivered us to at least three different schools.) 

So, John's older kids went to a K-12 school.  So odd!  It made more sense when I found out the total population for the high school (grades 9-12) was about as big as my graduating class at Meridian High 'way back when. 

And now, we have our own K-12 school right here! 

Introducing the  student body of the
K-12 
Willingham School for the Exceptionally Brilliant
Okay, so it's from last Christmas.  It shows their faces, and they are all smiling!  So there.

No comments: