Thursday, August 26, 2010

Heard Recently

Yes, that title gets used too often.

That's just the way it is.  So there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toola-Hoops:  Flowers.  You might know them as "Tulips."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luci was begging her brothers to play with her.  They said, "No."  Begging Mommy.  Mommy said, "Just a minute."  Luci wailed,

I wish I had a little sister!  Then she would play with me!

Me:  Let's call Daddy and you can ask him for a little sister.  Because he's the one who has to decide that.

Luci shook her head no, knowing the answer.  She put her head in her hands:  I'm never getting a little sister!

Yes, I did play with Luci after that anguished cry.  How could I not?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was working on a crossword puzzle.  I knew the answer, but asked Bryan to help anyways.  

Me:  Six letters, "Fish Flock."

Bryan:  Government Institution.

Me, scratching my head at first, knowing that answer was way beyond six letters.  What was the boy thinking?   Ahh.  School.

No comments: