John got me this really nice sewing machine (ok, so I picked it out and got it myself--on sale--and John thought it was a good idea once he saw it) last year. I've used it maybe 4 or 5 times. Tonight was one of those times, as I sewed JT's red trim on his uniform. It took me forever and a pair of glasses and a flashlight to get that thread through the needle. Yes, it has a "needle threader" but you have to get the thread in the right position to begin with. Then I discovered that Miss Luci had gotten to the sewing machine before me and bent the needle! So out the thread comes, find the two new needles (one of which immediately falls into the air vent) and re-do the glasses-flashlight-threader thing.John--here's an idea: You know how you want to finish off rooms in the basement? How about a sewing/scrapbooking room for me? It would need three of those white portable tables like we have at the church building, up against the walls--one for the sewing machine, one for the scrapbooking and one for laying out and cutting material. Paint the floor red and the walls a pale pink. A lock to keep the kids out of my materials and tools. I could keep things out, not have to figure out how to thread the dang machine every time, and be able to actually sew things for Luci. I'll even pretend like you came up with the idea first!

5 comments:
Hey! I have a scrapbook room...now if I only had time to use it!
Monica
just in case john reads your comments :) i thought i'd post virtual support. you definitely need your own room with pink walls...and a special little blogging table.
c'mon john - do it for your woman! she's worth every single sweat drop and nail!
Krista--Thanks!
he came home today and said he had this great idea for a room for me! He has Julie at work, who can bug him, too.
My mom has that same sewing machine. She just got it like a mth ago. She is going to make baby clothes. Pretty neat!
Yes John she does NEED her own room. (Susan I will see what I can do. HA!)
Mmmmmm....craftroommmmmm...oh wait. I think that's our homeschooling room now. Or does it make a difference? Maybe it does since the threaded sewing machine keeps getting picked on by the 4 yo...
I can't paint any room in the house pink though.
Post a Comment