Thursday, May 08, 2008

How Do They Stand It?

We had to go into the safe room this afternoon. A storm went right over us; thank Goodness it did not touch down. However, we all felt the lower pressure in our sinus cavities! It was an odd sensation. How do people who suffer through a powerful tornado or hurricane stand that?

Of course, I took the camera with me. Here are the pics:

JT drumming and driving mom nuts; Bryan trying to shake hands with Luci, and Luci ignoring Bryan, busy with her binky and blankie. Luci listening to the weather report on our cute juke box CD player/radio.
JT getting quiet with the drumsticks (thank you, JT!).
Luci getting goofy.
Bryan, not being goofy, but hey, Charlie, Tom and Sam--look! He's got a moustache! Sorta.

4 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Hey! Glad the storms missed you! It got rough here for a little bit, but then passed right over. I had the closet full of blankets and pillows, just in case. I wish we had a safe room or basement to get in!

I'm probably not the best one to ask about the whole driving thing. I am still a nervous wreck everytime my oldest leaves the house until he calls when he gets where he's going. He's 18 and he still has to call me!!!! I dread having two on the road. I basically cope by praying...ALOT!!!!

Monica

Tina said...

Glad everyone is saft, it was a scary day!!
Tina

Carla said...

Glad every is safe!!!

I dread the driving part, and am thinking I should start lobbying for the age to start driving to be...oh....21? Is that old enough? 25? 30?

KT said...

That must have been terribly scary!! Im glad you all survived, and I hope some bonding was done down there :-)
I remember going to the basement for tornado watches growing up, and those are some scary, fun, exciting memories!!
KT