Monday, May 12, 2008

Please Say a Prayer for China

There is so much heartache in the world...Burma...Tibet...China...Zimbabwe...the Sudan...the list could go on and on. My heart is more in China than the rest, though, so I'm asking you to pray for them today.




My heart breaks for those families who have only one child, or perhaps they were allowed two (in some rural areas, that is true). But imagine the grief when the only child is lost, the one on whom all the hopes of the mother and father were pinned. Heart-wrenching.


You can see Chengdu, which is near the epicenter, in this map--it is in the pink-colored area. Luci's province is the yellow one to the south, with Guiyang in the center.



The quake, 7.9 on the Richter Scale, swayed buildings as far away as Beijing and Hanoi, so you know it affected Luci's province of Guizhou. I am surprised and glad that China is letting so much news out about the quake. They are silent on most things.

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I was away when I heard this... never realized how bad it was... thinking of everyone there...