Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Math...Again, and a Mom & Luci Trip

I finally had to look in the Teacher's Manual for answers to the schoolwork...made it to the end of 9th grade Math before I even opened one of those things! I think that's pretty good.

Luci and I get to go to our homeschool convention this weekend. It's called CHEF (Christian Home Education Fellowship). We have reservations at the convention center hotel--woowee! it's a nice one!--and we'll purchase our schoolbooks for next year while there. I absolutely love, adore books so I am especially looking forward to seeing all the books they have, plus the curriculum we've chosen for next year (Weaver Unit Studies). Luci is turning into a book-lover, too, and that makes me very happy.

I am also looking forward to a room service breakfast (don't tell John that part yet!) and just being with my daughter. What a wonderful thing to be able to say! I love my boys, but it is so different with a girl. John gets a kick out of Luci and me going shopping together. (We're going shopping, Daddy! Mommy and me!) Usually it's just for groceries, but it is such a girl-thing to do.

What will the boys do while we are away? Burp and spit, no doubt. Put their elbows on the table and all that jazz. John is taking the boys to see the new movie IronMan. Saturday will be busy with mowing the yard and taking JT to the soccer game (I hope John remembers it's our turn to take drinks and a snack). I have told the boys to be sure to treat Daddy with the same love and respect they show to me, and to be as sweet to each other as they always are. They got a good laugh out of that--I just hope John survives the two of them.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

My sister is planning to go to too!!! You guys are soooo SMART!

Julie Young said...

I will remind John about drinks if you want me to. HA! Hope you GIRLS have fun. I am sure the boys will survive. Surviving meaning not killing each other or John!

Buffi Young said...

Have a WONDERFUL TIME!!! I SO need some time away too!! Have fun for me as well!! :)

Denna said...

Have a nice time. Where is this located?