Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's a warm day here--the weather feels weird.  It will be cooler tomorrow, and then it will feel more like it's supposed to.

Turkey is in the oven, fruit salad made, the other sides are next on the list.  We may put a leaf in the table just to hold the extra food.  ☺  

It would be so nice to see everyone today, but it's just so rush-rush and later on we can visit for an extended time.  John and Bryan leave on their mission trip tomorrow, so it's nice to be home today.  Especially since Bryan hadn't packed anything until I forced him to bring me X-number of underpants, shirts, socks, shorts and pants a few moments ago.  I can't imagine saving that for the last minute tomorrow (today is last-minute enough for me!). 

Luci is having a blast watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Just when I thought she'd find it boring because it's bands and floats and not a fast-paced Disney or Sprout show. 

It is so nice having John home this year.  We've had so many birthdays and holidays missed and messed up by his trips that most "special" days seem like just normal days to the boys and me.  It's hard to get excited over a date on the calendar (Luci is still pretty excited over December 25th, though).  The boys don't care as long as on some day they get presents.  But December 25th?  Thanksgiving?  They are just dates on the calendar.  The product of being military kids during multiple deployments, I guess.

Here is our tree full of Thanks-giving from the whole month!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I really hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving!!!!

http://scrapgrrl.com