Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Trees, Trees, Trees


John ordered some trees recently. He was home Sunday afternoon, so that's when we put them in. After living in the woods for so many years, being out here on this nice lot seems so bare. There are trees here, but it is definitely not the woods. Here are some shots from Sunday. There was a nice, soft rain falling--not much, but enough to make you really damp. I tried to make this a family affair...that means I dragged the boys outside with us. Bryan was agreeable, JT spent the time showing us his karate staff skills and Luci looked so cute in her pink boots and pink dress, trying to help Daddy. My job was to take some pictures to show the grandparents and then scoot inside before everyone else and do the dishes from lunch. Hey, Woman! Why aren't you helping?
Daddy, my shub-el (shovel) works as well as yours!
Three trees? Are you sure there are three trees here? Looks like a bunch of sticks!JT helping by demonstrating how to clobber bad guys with his staff.
This little twig will someday be a red maple.
Helping again.
We don't have pretty grass--you couldn't practice putting here, but wow it really is green. And we like it just fine! What we have now is much better than we had in the woods at the old house. (We mostly had moss and mud there.) County Road 8 is in the background. Down that hill, beyond the closest trees, is the neighbor's meadow.
Hey! Wait for me! Momma was taking my picture! John and boys planting some poplars. We have missed the cooling effect that trees give the house, and we are hoping that the poplars grow well and produce some needed sun-screening for us. That's the west side of the house.


It was fun getting dirty!



6 comments:

weavermom said...

Luci is adorable!

Thanks for stopping by my site last week. Hope you love Weaver once you start - happy to answer questions if you have any. Have you found the email support group at unofficialweaver.com?

Carla said...

good thing I didn't help...best thing to guarantee they don't survive. ;)

you've obviously not been around me enough...I'm a Disney Fanatic, and we go every 15-24 months. ;) We're ankle deep in planning our next trip (Feb 2009), and as we get closer I'll post info on our plans and WHY we do what we do. LOL

Anonymous said...

I have vague memories of helping my parents plant trees in the backyard when I was about Luci's age. It was my job for years to make sure they were watered. Now 30 years later it is neat to see how big they are.
SuzanneON

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is so gorgeous... watching her plant trees...

Buffi Young said...

Your land is SO beautiful. We would LOVE to find 5 or so acres and build on it. SUCH beautiful property!! I bet those trees will be awesome. I mentioned in our blog we had 16 cut down off of our property...those were PINE TREES!?!? I So don't like them...especially the needles and sap all over our house!! I bet those Maples are going to be AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Buffi
p.s. Luci is just SO cute!! :)

Lisa said...

What fun. I love her pink boots.