Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Dream Came True

For years I've made costumes for the boys...Spiderman, Batman (4 different variations), Robin, Robin Hood, Blue Angel pilot, Army guy fighter pilot, tiger, Musketeer, what hasn't there been? There hasn't been a little girl anything! Three years ago I was busily sewing hats for the little girl we thought we'd get. We thought Luci would be a 3 year old. So I made hats and had the matching material ready to make jumpers to take to China with us. Then we got Luci's information. She was just 8 months old at referral! Thrilled to bits...but the hats went into a box.

The hats are out now, and I had fun cutting out six jumpers to match the six hats! Saturday morning I sewed while John took JT and Luci to JT's karate test (yea! He made red belt with white stripe yesterday!) and then met them at the soccer field for the last game of the year.

It was SO FUN sewing for my baby girl. It just made my heart feel so good. And then Luci's reaction was incredibly wonderful! She gathered up all six jumpers, hugged them, and said, "I love my new dresses!" Made my entire week. Made me not mind losing so much sleep with her last week.

Here are some pics of Luci this morning. I couldn't decide which one to show, so here they all are.




Mom, do you remember giving us this play iron last year? Luci is busy "making my dress warm!" all by herself. It's a flashy purple sequined dress, very appropriate for a three year old, don't you think? (Ha! NO!)

3 comments:

bbmomof2boys said...

I can remember my momo sewing for me! I've made Little T some dresses and have throughly enjoyed my sewing machine!!

Hugs,
Carla

Denna said...

I love it. The hat is so precious. I like the colors also. You did a great job.

Sonya said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEET!