Our life since adding one Chinese sister....I hope you enjoy the journey with us. Luci is a Yi Baby from Guizhou Province. Please note that this site uses cookies.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Heard This Week; and Some Thoughts
The kids were all around the table as we studied Vertebrates and Invertebrates in our Weaver science class. I asked the boys to name some common vertebrates.
Luci (Luci! I didn't think she was listening) pipes up with, "Horses."
Mom, directing her question to Luci: "Can you name an invertebrate? That's an animal without a backbone."
Luci: "Butterflies! God made butterflies."
Bryan: "What about spiders?"
Luci: "Nope. God didn't make those."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is simply amazing how happy de-cluttered kitchen counters make me feel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John sleeps better when his daddy is doing well. Dad W. went home from the hospital today, with a brand new pacemaker. Thank you for your prayers for him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AT&T DSL internet connection is wonderful! Much faster than the Hughesnet connection we've had for the last four years. And we've got it bundled with our telephone, so we are actually saving some money.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Parenting Is Your Highest Calling" and 8 Other Myths That Trap Us in Worry and Guilt by Leslie Leyland Fields is a good book! Thanks, Amanda, for suggesting it to me.
Labels:
Books,
Homeschooling,
Internet,
John,
Luci,
Luci-isms,
Science,
Weaver Unit Studies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am with Luci on the spiders and I think Austin would agree too! Love it!!
Post a Comment