Monday, March 23, 2009

Warm Enough for Popsicles!

It's 73* as I write this--it was absolutely gorgeous today! I even found all natural Popsicles that are made by a national, mainstream company--Popsicles by Unilever. They are so good. It's nice being able to get a real Popsicle, instead of one of my home-made ones.
Luci the Giant. I was trying to take a photo of one of the blooming weeds (oops--I mean "wildflowers") in our yard.


At YMCA, waiting for the military support group meeting to end.

Red Maple seeds, on a tree in our backyard. This website, run by Vanderbilt University, calls the seeds "fruits"--two seeded-samaras. I didn't know the seeds were fruits. I learned something today. You can drive down the country lanes here and see trees with red somethings (turns out they are samaras). Just growing wild. Since I grew up out West, with little precipitation and few deciduous trees, the trees and the changes every season here are amazing for me to watch.


1 comment:

KT said...

No reactions to the popcycles?!! I gotta go find them!!!
My kids think Im mean too, maybe I am!! I started homeschooling Meya this week, things are going good, just really busy now!! She has SO many HUGE gaps in her education, along with LD. So, I may seek you out for advise!!