Luci had her first Upward Soccer practice this evening. This is going to be a fun spring to watch 4 year old soccer players. There are 8 kids on this team--7 of them are BOYS. On the way home, I asked Luci how many girls there were on her team. "Two." Who's the other girl? "She's from China, too." Turns out she was talking about Crystal, her
coach, who is not from China but has lovely black hair just like Luci's.
.
I took (dragged, really) the boys with us to soccer. Good thing! They were able to demonstrate some things for the kids and chase after children who wandered off (Luci was one of the wanderers!).
.
Jumping for joy!

Following directions. With her coach, Crystal. This soccer program is an outreach of our church. It is such a good thing! If you have
Upward sports in your area, check it out!

John had a St. Patrick's Day party this week. Of course, he wore plenty of green. Ha ha. No choice in that.
.
John and horseshoes. Neat photo, huh? Notice he has his weapon on...watch out, bad guys! He's a good shot with the weapon and with horseshoes.

John took a combat lifesaver course and part of that was learning to start an IV. Here he is after successfully completing this task. They all had to practice on each other. John got 100% on his test! YAY, John!

Please keep John's dad, Olen, in your prayers. He is having a pacemaker put in tomorrow or Saturday. Thanks!
4 comments:
Good blog, Susan!!
Was Luci a good spork?
Love,
Dad
That is a neat photo!
Maree started soccer this year also. She is in the 5-8yr group, though she is likely really 9, so she is the tallest. But the poor little 5 yr olds are so little... One little boy just couldnt keep up at practice yesterday.
Lucy is so cute!
John sent us those pics of his "needle poking" experience.
Wow-I love the horseshoe photo! I hope the person who took it had a zoom lens ;)
I didn't know Upward did soccer, too. I'll have to check into it.
Post a Comment