~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can you say red? Today Luci discovered the red fingernail polish (I thought I had it where she couldn't get to it) and dumped about half of it on our WHITE poured marble bathroom counter. YIKES! I was in a position to not get up, if you know what I mean, and I hear her saying, "Mommy, my fingers red." Our master bath is positioned such that, when on the toilet, you can't see the bathroom counters. I just about died. Thank goodness, it all came up with baby wipes, and then with polish remover. I hope the remover didn't damage the marble; it may be a few hours before that is obvious. I also hope the remover didn't damage Luci's skin--the polish was all over her hands.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday I spent 2 1/2 hours at the doctor with Luci. She had an odd bug bite. Turns out it was "just" a virulent reaction to a mosquito bite. (Doc says: "Use steroid cream and Benadryl cream since Luci won't take liquid meds.") There was a red ring forming around the bite, and it looked peculiar, so in we went. We spent so much time in the waiting room that 1) we learned the names of nearly every kid, and those we didn't learn, Luci made up (somewhere in town there is a kid named "Churkey" and one named "Ten"). 2) Luci used up 25 tissues just to watch the trash can lid flip around. 3) Luci sat in every (I mean EVERY) empty chair. 4) Luci knows where the light switch is for the waiting room. Imagine how much more she could have done if she had had her nap! whew.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, the kids are helping with some yard work. John has been putting in our front walk. No more visitors coming in through the garage and laundry room! Hooray! I can shut the door and no one will see. (And John thought it was just to improve the value of our home. Ha!) The kids did some of the groundwork for the walkway, and we all are digging and removing the extra dirt and rocks to the hillside. That is part of our morning work this week. Yesterday and today it was actually cool enough for us to wear light jackets.
Here is picture of my "pilots"--you know, pile it here, pile it there. The boys loved how Luci joined right in with the work.
John did a good job, didn't he? Now to pick out the plants to put in the garden area, and spiffy up that grass.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday JT took part in his first Tang Soo Do tournament. He did well, but did not place. He got a participation medal , and JT knows he is my favorite Karate Kid!
JT also got to meet Grand Master Shin, who started Tang Soo Do in Korea. A good day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday we had "Church in the Park." It is fun, and different. I like going to this because it reminds me a little of going ot Ivydale Camp in the Idaho mountains. Singing among the trees, seeing God's handiwork, is pretty special.
Auburn whooped up on Florida the day before, so Luci and John wore their Auburn clothes to the park. One family (the Wilsons, whose team didn't do so well Saturday) taught Luci to say "Roll Tide," which was a dirty trick to play on John!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday morning started out beautifully, as Luci shows off her new dress from Kathy and Kalyn--but we couldn't find the patent leather shoes to wear with it! Correction--we could only find one of them...so Luci wore something that matched her Tinkerbell sandals. Oh, well. We'll try again. Another day in the life....

1 comment:
Sounds like you guys have had a crazy past few days. John was telling me that you all had to wait 5 hrs before JT got to do his part in the karate match! That can make for a long day. The side walk looks great! (Good job John and his lovely helpers) :)
Post a Comment