Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy New Year to Luci!

Luci found some of her birthday decorations last night and got so excited, and then this morning woke up yelling, "Happy New Year to Me!" But her birthday is a week from Friday! So, what do we do? Have her birthday today, of course! Here is her cake with naturally colored icing. JT baked the cake and I decorated it with India Tree food coloring.
On top, on the boo-boos that happen when I ice a cake, I put some of Luci's birthday presents. I washed and dried them, and stuck them in the icing. It was a big hit--Luci got up from her nap an hour earlier than usual! and begged for some cake. She was so upset that she had to wait for Daddy (what does he mean by going to work on my pseudo-birthday?) that I gave her a piece from the back of the cake--it does not show from the front.

You can still see one of her chicken monx/box/pots/pox spots on her cheek.
Bryan decorated the dining room with crepe paper streamers, and balloons. More pcitures and celebration to follow in another post.

2 comments:

Denna said...

That cake looks yummy. I checked out the India Food coloring. I am not for sure about that. LOL (Beets)
I have never heard of that before.
Does the icing taste like normal icing? You did a great job decorating it.

Sonya said...

I WANT SOME BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!