Thursday, October 04, 2007

I Want to Be a Good Manager of My Home

Life as I know it nowHow I would like it to feel


Managers of Their Homes by Teri Maxwell is the latest thing I'm reading. She is a homeschool mom who has helped others conquer the teaching, cleaning and cooking that homeschool moms do every day. I have been in such a funk lately because I just can't seem to "get it together" this year. Luci tearing things apart as fast as we get things put together while the boys and I deal with school work is getting old. Flylady just wasn't cutting it anymore with her Super Fling Boogies (for those of you with boys, that has nothing to do with boogers).



How on Earth did my Mom manage to do everything so well (and she still does)? Oh yeah--she was B.O. (Don't get offended Mom, that stands for "Born Organized." It must have skipped a generation, because I am in C.H.A.O.S.--"Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome." Those terms are from Flylady.)





I needed something more, something that has a Bible-based approach to how we mothers should take care of our homes--and one with a homeschool twist, please. Is that asking too much? Apparently not, since Teri Maxwell has a pretty good book out about just those things.



I'll let you know how things progress...unless I really mess it up, then I won't tell much.

1 comment:

Denna said...

Maybe I need to buy that book also. Let me know how it goes.