Our life since adding one Chinese sister....I hope you enjoy the journey with us.
Luci is a Yi Baby from Guizhou Province.
Please note that this site uses cookies.
Today Kathy and I took all the kids to Handy Fest's "On the Plaza" event. Handy Fest is a week-long celebration of the birth of W.C. Handy, father of the Blues. Mostly Kathy and I watched Kalyn and Luci having fun. Here's what happened:
Having a good time. Not the best picture, but it shows the joy the girls demonstrated with some of the music. Bryan and JT so excited to be there. (ha! I called it a field trip and made them come. They used to like it, but they don't remember that far back. Plus, it was a pretty hot and humid day. Today was the first time, in all the years I've come to this event, that there was a breeze!) As you can see, we were right up next to the band. Best seats! The girls had the most fun playing with the ice chest under the table. They even got noticed by a lady nearby, who came and spoke to us about how cute they were. Kathy and I got so tickled watching them have fun. Christmas gift idea: ice chest! Mayor Bobby Irons greeting a future voter. He was sweet to pose with Kalyn. We go to church with Bobby and his wife Sarah. (Luci would not get near him! No political comment here.)This is Betty McCarty. She tried to get the girls to dance with her and at the end, they sorta did. A good place for a snack.
Here's a quick little video of the girls dancing. Sorry that the camera is shaky. Bryan was the camera man and he was trying to keep up with the girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment