Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A New Bed!

This could also be entitled, "Keeping Up With Kalyn." She has a nice big bed, too, and her mommy told me how nice it was. We did get different bedding, though!

Those of you with children who sleep through the night, Congratulations! For the rest of us, especially the parents of adopted children. we have to do what we can to keep the "abandonment screams" away. Luci still wakes in the night and if she can't find me, she gets hysterical. That is not an exaggeration--she gets hysterical! This bed will let me lie down with her while she goes to sleep and get back in bed with her if she needs that in the middle of the night. This also means that John and I have our bedroom back. Yes, I know that the nightstand is really just a plastic bin thing from Walmart. A real nightstand will have to wait.
Lovin' the bed!
Jumping for joy when the delivery guys rang the doorbell!
Watching progress on the building of the bed.

6 comments:

Denna said...

I love it. That is the same bedding that Brooke has. That is neat.

Anonymous said...

Susan..It is gorgeous!! I love Little Girl rooms and can't wait till Lily is big enough to at least have a room with her name on the door..(even if she doesn't sleep in it)..The bedding is cute isn't it? Lily has the same bedding for her crib..And the walmart tub looks great with Luci's decor..It is adorable and you and she should be proud..

Buffi Young said...

Whoo Hoo....I am THRILLED for you guys!!! it is beautiful!! I know Luci feels like such a big girl!! :) I'm so glad you guys will be sleeping better too!! That ALWAYS helps!
Buffi

Our Little Girl is all Grown up! No more Baby! said...

hay! walmart shopper we have the same bedding, i know what you mean ashley still has bad dreams, and it take her a while to wake up or calm down. but she loves her big girl room we are actually changing the bedding from the princess theme to hanna montanna in the fall. ashley is girlie now!

Anonymous said...

Hannah loves your new big-girl bed! She really liked looking at your pictures!!

Sonya said...

Soooooo pretty!!! Whata big girl!