Friday, July 18, 2008

The W. School for the Exceptionally Brilliant is open!!

This could also be called More Painless School Review...

I'm trying to get the kids into a school mindset. Mostly it involves a certain child (the redhead, wouldn't you know?) getting upset that he's having to think. I found several little workbooks at Target for a dollar each and bought a multiplication book, one on the planets, and this little science experiment book for the boys. Since they were just a dollar, they got their own and no photocopying for mom.

Now, don't turn your noses up at that Grades 2-3 on this book. The experiments cover osmosis, capillary action, chemical reactions, carbonation, acids, surface tension, refraction, chromatography and a few others. Here are the kids getting started on an experiment on osmosis: Bryan
JT
and the whole student body!
Above: Will osmosis make the gummi bears grow bigger? Below: What will happen to the ribbon? There is baking soda in the glasses of water.

2 comments:

Carla said...

darn it woman! Are you TRYING to get me to go to Target?! I'm on a "shopping hiatus" don't you know. *grumble grumble*

that science experiment book looks like fun! :)

Buffi Young said...

You are SOOOOOOOOOO Creative!!! I think that is awesome!!!