Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Computing, Reading, Cooking and Singing

After helping Bryan and JT learn how to use the computer and mouse, and finding it rather easy, I decided to not buy Luci any special play "lap-top" or discs with preschool learning games on them. Until I saw the Fisher Price Easy Link on clearance yesterday at Walmart. Retail price is $30, I got it for $17. And I love it! So does Luci.
It links you to websites specifically for the character that you click into the middle slot. This easy link pack had Disney characters in it, so it links you to the Disney play website. It will not let me click on anything else except the games from other Disney preschool favorites and color sheets that are available there--no danger of the child getting to another website. I've tried to click on the links that are shown, just to test it, but it has not allowed me to go anywhere else. Good! Also, you can turn off the print option and limit the time your child plays. Easy parental controls, easy to set up.

This one was just funny. Reading John's Bible commentary with her high heels on.
Wanting to "cook sumpin'." Luci's always dragging out the cooking utensils and pans to cook us something good. She's on her toes.


Song Writing


John thinks I have the makings of another Shania Twain hit, if I can just get the rest of the song together. It's all about being the mother of a 15 year old boy/man. Here's what I have so far:


~~~~~~~~~

You think you're so special...

Get over it.

~~~~~~~~~


Come on, give me a break in the attitude department...it was a tough day!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Sorry about your day! The pics of Luci are cute!

Julie Young said...

I think that song has a chance!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh I feel your pain in the attitude dept!! I wish I could tell you it gets better, but I think my 18 year old is worse than my 15 year old...

Monica