Friday, January 11, 2008

Ice Skating!

Putting on those skates for the first time....they actually had tiny skates, Luci-size. Another good thing was that children Luci's age skate for free! We were at Point Mallard, the closest skating rink to us. It was homeschool skate day (included a hot dog lunch!). Sonya, I didn't even think about calling you until we were almost there. I'm sorry! someday we will get Luci and Katie Lin together. First time on the ice.
Oops! Good thing Bryan's here.

JT helping
Luci is not scared of much (which can be sort of scary for Mom), and before our skating was over, she made it all the way to the other side. She and Bryan are in the middle of the picture, near those orange cones in the background. Luci is the teeny-tiny speck.
Bryan was a good sport and helped Luci most of the time. I tried to get JT to switch out with him, which he did, but Bryan spent most of the time with Luci.
Wild Man JT
It took all of 5 minutes for Luci to get used to walking and running on her blades.
All by myself!



5 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

That looks like fun! Look at her go! She's doing really well for a first-timer! We're near Decatur, too, so maybe when the weather warms up we can all meet up!

Monica

Laurie said...

Oh how adorable does she look! I can just imagine her in a pretty little "skater dress".

mommy24treasures said...

she did great! My oldest loves ice skating...

Sonya said...

Shame on me for never taking Katie Lin to ice skate when we live right here!!! Hope to meet you guys soon!

Sonya

Lisa said...

What fun. I picked One of my boys up tonight from ice skating and saw some little ones coming out. Clay told me that I needed to take Ana Claire. After seeing this post I just may have to. I bet she would love it.