Thursday, January 17, 2008

M.O.T.H. (Scheduling) Update

M.O.T.H. (Managers of Their Homes) was a great idea but just not for our family. It does work for many people, and I love order, but it just doesn't work for us.
Remember those charts?

They are in the garbage now. I did keep the chore lists (NO, Mom!!) .

We now have a checklist in place for schoolwork and behavior so I am no longer the bad guy. The boys can get a check for 1) getting up on time on their own, 2) completing chores before playing, 3) completing schoolwork before playing, and 4) "getting along." They can earn four check marks every day. Yesterday both boys got three check marks each. No comment on which boy slept in (he's the teenager) or which boy didn't get along with others (he's the other one).

3 comments:

Denna said...

I have meant to ask you about the book, but kept forgetting. I think that is the one you had mentioned before we went to the zoo. I just hated to pay $25.00 for it.

Sonya said...

YOU are one SMART Mom!!!

Julie Young said...

What about Luci?! Any check marks for her?! LOL!