We have an experiment going on today here at the house--"real school" instead of homeschool. I've pulled out all my tricks of boredom as a former teacher and will subject the boys to an 8 am -3 pm school day, which they have never had. Even have a "potty pass"--Luci's porta-pottyseat if they have to go during class instead of making it in between. HA! (Thanks to Mr. Holsclaw in 8th grade--Lowell Scott Jr High--for the idea!)
They've been such boogers lately, that I told them they were spending the day at a school, to get a taste of what their friends go through every day. They don't realize how special their days really are, I hope they learn their lesson. They have called all their friends to see what they should expect at school. Until yesterday, Bryan and JT thought they were going to either M.H., a private school that many of their church friends go to, or to W. the school that several other friends attend. We are even getting them into the van for a "ride" to school, complete with Luci's favorite DVD to bore them silly--the Teletubbies! I am so mean. They better not lose their milk money.
Something my kids have never had the pleasure of doing--packing a backpack the night before and carrying their lunch.
Update when it's all over.

3 comments:
Oh boy! I have a feeling they are not going to like that! You are right though. They need to know how lucky they are to not have to sit through boring class ALL day! HA! I can't wait for the update!
Susan, You are so funny. Maybe I should try this with Courtney. Can't wait for the update.
By the way, I awarded you a blogger award. You can see it on my blog.
I can't wait to hear how it goes too!
Post a Comment