The boys put up the tree after Thanksgiving and put it away for me without much fussing today. Those of you with real trees, I know we are missing that incredible smell; we also are missing much of the fire hazard, something to consider when you live 'way out. Other benefits: I know where next year's tree is, I don't have to pay a cent for it, and there is no straggly side to turn towards the wall. And don't forget no needles to sweep up.
John commented last Friday that we'd been gone from home every single day except Christmas day for something or other. Usually I sent the kids with him, and he didn't mind giving me that break. When they left the house each time, I told the boys to be sure to treat their Daddy with the same love and respect that they always give me. (I can hear the moms laughing and snorting now!) Today I think he was glad to get back to the normalcy of his job. Maybe he'll appreciate that quiet drive into town today--getting to listen to his station without any griping or snarling coming from the back seats.
I love it when I hit "spellcheck" and no words are highlighted!

2 comments:
I think that John was happy to be back at work. I think that it is prob a little more quiet here. HA! Except when you can hear Laven talking all the way back here at our desk! Don't tell her I said that. :)
By the way...John and the kids came by the office one day last week (I think) and I thought to myself...yeah Susan put you up to this. LOL!
I love how the sun filters through onto the chair! Almost like a Hallmark card photo! :-)
Post a Comment