Monday, January 14, 2008

It's So Hard to Be Civil...


...when you've had very little sleep. It is humiliating to have to apologize to your own kids more than once in a day. Luci has slept through the night just 4 more times since December 17, the last sleep post. The last few nights, she has wakened and needed momma TWICE a night. I am exhausted. Nothing works...making her miss naps...feeding extra snacks before bed...melatonin...extra physical activity during the day.
Nana, recognize that Raggedy Ann? The clothes are in a safe place.

6 comments:

Proverbs3122 said...

Have you tried rubbing some Pillow Potion essential oil blend on her feet before bed??? I posted about that on my blog a few weeks ago.

Abby said...

Well, I don't have a lot of encouragement for you b/c our youngest (who is 6) didn't sleep through the night until 6 months ago. Her and her sister have now reversed roles. Youngest is sleeping blissfully through the night & oldest is waking up at least 2 times. Yup, we're seeing stars. I'm going to try melatonin next.

Sorry to a grinch,
Abby

Abby said...

"Sorry to a grinch"???? It should be "Sorry to be a grinch" Ughhh....

Abby

Mercedes said...

=( sorry to hear that.

Any ideas why? Night terrors? Maybe a calming bath before bedtime will help?

The Princess's Mommy said...

Bless your heart! I know how you feel...Lily Mei doesn't sleep either and she never wants daddy...just mommy!!

Monica

Gina said...

Have you tried giving her a t-shirt that you have slept in that smells like you? Give it to her at bedtime and tell her when she wakes up at night to pull it from under her pillow and hug it tight to smell how close you are to her? It might work. When Crispin spends the night with friends I give him a miniature blanket that has my perfume on it. It works for us!!