Monday, January 28, 2008

John's Mission Trip: Where Is He Now?

John just called, at 1 pm our time and wow, I thought his cell phone works in Fiji! No! He's still in Los Angeles. The weather was (and still is) bad in Fiji, so all flights there are canceled. He and his traveling companion, an 80-something man from Arkansas, spent the night in a hotel provided by the airlines and now are trying to use their $15 meal voucher for a meal that is 'way more expensive than that (don't they check prices and give them something they can use?).

I got online and checked the weather in Fiji, and this is what Accuweather.com had. My goodness. And to think I was worried about L.A. rains and traffic. Piece of cake, in comparison. Please keep John and his friend in your prayers...and also that once they get to Fiji that their connecting flight will have waited for them to go on to Honiara--I think there is only one of those a week, so he'd end up having to stay in Fiji (a burden, I know! ha!) until time to come home.

By the way, after John's military meeting on Saturday, he met up with his brother Bill and sister-in-law Pam who live in Tehachapi. John got to spend the night with them, go to church, and then they had supper at a restaurant with Pam's mom who lives in L.A. Bill and Pam took good care of John and they had a nice visit.

2 comments:

Julie Young said...

That is crazy! I bet that he is getting ready to get on with the mission trip. Please let us know if and when he gets to leave.

Sonya said...

WOW! We will be praying for the team!