Believe it or not, it actually flurried today. JT was taking out the trash (do I have to, Mom?) when all of a sudden his attitude turned to one of joy--snow! You can almost see it here in these two photos. Luci was sound asleep; we are hoping it snows until she wakes up so she can see it, too.

We've had a rocky time of it with homeschooling and last night John laid down the law...the boys spend the rest of the year learning, doing their chores, and get up on time, all without arguing the paint off the walls, or it's off to Rogers School--which, as I've timed it, is less than 2 minutes from our house. I really hope the boys take this seriously. This decision to homeschool them was not lightly made. I feel it is what I am supposed to do to train these children God gave me, and if I can't do it, then I think I have failed. I am praying that we have joy in our schooling for the rest of the year. I can't bear to think of sending them away before their high school years are over.
We've had a rocky time of it with homeschooling and last night John laid down the law...the boys spend the rest of the year learning, doing their chores, and get up on time, all without arguing the paint off the walls, or it's off to Rogers School--which, as I've timed it, is less than 2 minutes from our house. I really hope the boys take this seriously. This decision to homeschool them was not lightly made. I feel it is what I am supposed to do to train these children God gave me, and if I can't do it, then I think I have failed. I am praying that we have joy in our schooling for the rest of the year. I can't bear to think of sending them away before their high school years are over.
I am not so concerned about having this stress and agony of heart when the empty nest hits in a few years as they fly the coop--I am already dreaming of them being grown. I just don't want to give up my mission here yet. I'm really in agony over this. Those of you who homeschool might understand.

2 comments:
Maybe the rest of the year will be better. I never realized how much taller Bryan is than JT! JT looks so little compared to Bryan. Sorry that was just an observation that I made. HA!
hmmm... with the sleeping in, have you tried whoever sleeps in needs to go to bed an hour earlier that night and each night it gets earlier until he is up on time? Just a thought that came to mind.
I am sorry its been rough, I pray you have wisdom and can not only do this, but do it with joy and have a wonderful time together and have wonderful memories when they are grown.
Post a Comment