Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas Mini-Study

We have not gotten back into our Weaver studies yet. We'll dive back into that in January. During the holidays, it is nice to ease up and study Christmas, make holiday gifts and cookies, all that sort of thing. Today the kids and I worked on a little-bitty unit study on Christmas Symbols. It was a mixture of history and language arts, with some drawing thrown in. Here's the site I used for information: Christmas Symbols.

As usual, Luci spent her time un-doing things. She has taken everything off the lower shelf of her closet and it is a total wreck!

Tomorrow John flies out from Georgia, headed to Kuwait (commercial flight) and then Afghanistan (lovely military transport). Prayers for his safety are appreciated.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I will be praying,
Tina

Patti S. said...

Thank you so much for posting that link to the history of Christmas traditions. I have been looking hard for just such a website. Excellent, and Christian-based, too. Perfect!

I know your heard must be heavy with John leaving the country today; so sorry....