Luci packed up her backpack with all things important (plastic food from her kitchen set, binky, blankie and a coloring book), handed me her baby ("Please take care of her, I can't take babies, Mommy") and headed off to Afghanistan.
I don't think she'll get very far--all she is wearing is her Ariel panties and white patent leather shoes (which is why I am not posting a picture!).
Right after dropping Luci off at the "airport" (the living room sofa) I made an appointment at the International Adoption Clinic in Birmingham for a meeting with Leigh Anne, their family therapist. She's been a big help in the past. I think the play-acting is a good thing, but it really is breaking my heart. Luci's had other things pop up about Daddy in the past week that shows she is having a tough time with this. Can't wait for that appointment!
Another issue that the Clinic is going to check out is whether melamine in the baby milk supply in China affected Luci in any way. The recommendation is to check any child adopted after January 1, 2004, so Luci will have that evaluation when our meeting with Leigh Anne is done. Luci was born in October 2004, and adopted in August 2005.
A big, huge, gi-normous thing--Luci is now sleeping through the night!

5 comments:
With her history of loss, Im so sorry shes having to go through this :-(
Thinking of you all!
KT
Yea!!!!!!! so happy to hear that Luci is sleeping through the night!
I hope she is able to work though all she is going through with John being away. So tough!
OH, thank heaven that she's sleeping through the night, but so sorry about her difficulties with Daddy being gone. She's old enough this time to understand, huh? Thinking of you, here, too!
Bless her little heart. I hope you can get some answers at the IAC. We're going next week for the melamine work-up, too.
Happy 2009!
Love,
Monica
glad to hear luci is doing much better, it great she does play acting.i loved the drawing she made of herself. how's her skin doing. I have ezema too, i had to buy pure shea butter wow! it works. no cracks and dryness. have great new years.
Post a Comment