My S-O-P when John's on these trips is, No News Is Good News. Because if something does go wrong, God forbid, they will find me and let me know. So, when John is traveling, I try to not worry too much. (I don't always succeed.) When John left US soil last night, we knew he'd probably be out of touch until he got to his duty station in Afghanistan. What a nice surprise when John called during our lunch today! He was in Kuwait, awaiting transport to Bagram.
.
John has, in the past, been able to call nearly every day and send emails just as often. I know we've been fortunate; some soldiers don't have that ability because they are out in the field, or perhaps the communications set-up isn't complete for their unit.
.
Another S-O-P is Don't Ask, Don't Tell. But for us it doesn't mean what you think it means! It means, "Don't ask John about the bad stuff because you really don't want to know."

No comments:
Post a Comment